Wednesday 2 May 2012

Hiding Veggies | Sausage Rolls

Its always a challenge getting the wee ones to eat veggies. Yet another reason I love my Thermomix. It is so easy to hide a multitude of vegetables in practically every dish you make.

Last night I made sausage rolls with 6 veggies in!!

  • carrot
  • onion
  • zucchini
  • pumpkin
  • mushroom
  • celery
I just roughly chop my veggies, throw them all in the bowl with 1 garlic clove and chop on speed 6 for 5-6 seconds or until they are visually the consistency you like.

Then add in your sausage meat (you can even mix it with half mince if you prefer that constistency), 1-2 eggs, breadcrumbs, seasoning and herbs and whiz it up again. EASY!!

Or...you can always go all out and make these and see if they can tell the difference!!

Cyndi O'Meara's Vegetarian Sausage Rolls




There are some great recipes over at the Thermomix Recipe Community

I like 

Pear and Blueberry Muffins with Hidden Greens

Hidden Vegetable and Mince Pasta for Babies and Toddlers (12+ months)

No comments:

Post a Comment